Registering as a British Citizen

Experienced immigration lawyers on hand to help you apply for British citizenship after obtaining indefinite leave to remain. 

Get In Touch With Us
Fill out the form below and one of our Visa specialists will get back to you!

We Help Solve Your Legal Issues

We’re always striving to deliver creative, practical solutions to our client’s legal issues

If you do not qualify to automatically acquire British citizenship, you may apply instead to Register as a British Citizen, under either one of the following categories:

  • as a child under the age of 18 (minor)
  • a person born before 1 July 2006 to a British father and your parents were not married
  • a person born on or after 1 July 2006 who did not become British as their mother was married to someone other than their natural father
  • a person who was born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 and has lived in the UK up to the age of 10
  • a person born before 1983 to a British mother
  • a stateless person born before 1 January 1983
  • a stateless person born outside of the UK and the overseas territories on or after 1 January 1983
  • a person who has made a declaration of renunciation
  • those who would have been or been able to become a British citizen but for:
  1. historical legislative unfairness
    an act or omission of a public authority
  2. exceptional circumstances relating to you which prevented you from becoming a British citizen

You can also apply to confirm your status as a British National from the Home Office.

For further advice or to discuss your visa application with one of our UK Visa specialists, contact our team on 0161 843 9000 or complete our enquiry form below.